Sunday, December 8, 2013

Snow Day

Wednesday morning we awoke to a lovely 5-6 inches of fresh snow gracefully laid over a nice coating of ice.  My husband grew up in upstate New York so he had snow days on a regular basis. I had exactly 1 snow day in all 13 years of my public schooling. My children however, in this over safety conscious world have had snow days about once a year. So I woke up nice and early on Wednesday morning, checked the news and sure enough...snow day for District 51. I went upstairs to inform my 14 year old son.

Now, not everyone can have 14 year old like mine, nor can everyone be such an awesome mother like me.

So anyway, I went up, woke him up and told him he had a snow day.
"Are serious? Are you messing with me?"
I assured him that it was indeed a snow day. He laid back on his pillow, and said "Oh good, I needed to get some laundry done."

Yup, that was our snow day!

No comments: