Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November 5 - It was close

Today at work as I pondered what I was grateful for, I must admit there were three things that came to mind. OK, there were actually a lot more...but obviously I spend way to much time titrating samples. Anyway, on the way home I decided what had truly blessed my life today was Scotch Tape. When I think about how in the world people managed to get along prior to the advent of scotch tape I think "What a giant pain in the neck". How did people send packages? Wrap presents? Repair homework? Dollar bills? What a horrible world that would have been.

In the interest of my gratitude I did a little homework (OK, I Googled it) and discovered that transparent adhesive tape was invented by a 3M Engineer back in the 1930's. He test marketed it to a  packaging company in Chicago that said "Put this on the market immediately!" and I am so glad they listened. Just today as I was sending Emily some cookies that I think I baked this morning I was so grateful for the scotch tape that securely sealed that package!

No comments: