Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November 6 - Protection


Today I am grateful that the obviously planned zombie attack on my home early this morning was thwarted by Frank, Tina, and Daisy. Apparently the three to four hours of un-interrupted barking in my back yard kept the evil monsters at bay. Were it not for their “dogged” determination my family and I could right now, be counted among the un-dead. Yes I am truly grateful for that safety net. After all, the sacrifice of several hours of sleep in the early morning is nothing compared to the willingness of those three to place themselves in the way of danger. Of course I give them the benefit of the doubt that what ever was out there that required the tag-team bark fest was something so hideous and dangerous that they had no other choice than to bark incessantly for that long. So today, I am grateful for the selflessness of those wonderful ranch dogs, whom I am sure would never spend three hours barking at something so innocuous as leaves blowing in the wind.

No comments: