Monday, November 4, 2013

November Gratitude Posts

This month I noticed on FB that everyone is posting the "Gratitude Challenge" where each day they post what they are grateful for. Now, pretty much everyone knows that I'm a little bit of an emotionally challenged person. But I thought that I would post on my blog about things that I am truly grateful for. I've had a little trouble getting on my blog so I need to make up a couple days, so here we go:

November 1, 2013
Poly Vinyl Chloride - Yes! I am truly grateful for poly vinyl chloride, that unsung hero of our household plumbing. But, the invention of poly vinyl chloride has blessed us for more than just marshmallow guns and quilt racks. I love PVC for it's amazing versatility, it's ease of use and the uniformity of all the parts. Whether it's schedule 40 or schedule 60, I love it and love using it.

November 2, 2013
Kleenex, I would like the world to know how grateful I am for that beloved box of tissues that everyone takes for granted. You see Kleenex and I have been together for ever. Kleenex has been there for me in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. During all the critical moments in my life, all the long sacrament meetings, all the drippy nose times that I have needed it, Kleenex has not let me down. Even wadded up in my Mother's purse, Kleenex has always been there.

November 3, 2013
Today I was grateful for vacuum cleaners. I can't imagine taking a rug out and beating the crap out of it on a regular basis. Although if I was required to do that I would probably work out a lot of frustration. Vacuum cleaners make our world so much cleaner and easier. Who doesn't love a great vacuum?

November 4, 2013
(This should catch me up) I am grateful for pipet washers today. This wonderful invention allows me to use dozens of pipets and place them in the wash, run them to the tap and be done. If I didn't have a pipet washer I would spend hours sucking soapy water up and then attempting to rinse these tiny little glass pipets. I can't imagine lab work without them. For an illustration, please see picture below:

No comments: